Virginia Voice programming, the reading of printed material, is intended solely for use by individuals who are unable to read print material for themselves due to blindness, low vision or other physical disabilities.
Eligible listeners should register to have complete access to all of our online content.
Programs in our Community Connections series are available to everyone, registration is not required.
All programs are provided in mp3 audio format. You can listen online or download to your computer or mp3 player.
In addition to our readings of current publications, we have a variety of specials available:
To locate a specific program, use the “Search Programs” box on the left and type the last name of an individual or a portion of the name of the organization or agency involved.
To browse through the various special series that we offer, click on the following links.
- Face-to-Face — Interviews with people who have information you can use. Some are representatives of agencies dealing with health, legal or social issues specific to our listeners. Programs also deal with general information ranging from gardening to organ donation.
- What’s Your Story? — Every one has a story. Don Dale engages people in conversation to find out their stories.
- The Writer’s Voice — We invite noted authors to talk about their work and read from their favorite writings.
- But Wait, There’s More . . . For fun, entertainment, local activities, dramatic presentations, professional story tellers, a mix of performances for your enjoyment.
- The Voices of The Mighty Pen — Interviews with veteran writers from the Richmond writer’s group, the Mighty Pen Project, come to Virginia Voice studios to share the stories that broke them out of their lived experiences as veterans, and into the expressive world of writing.
We want to hear from you
Please let us know if you have questions or comments about online programming or about the website. We welcome suggestions for making the website and the programming more accessible for you. Contact Hannah Murphy at 804-266-2477 or at email@example.com.